Monday, January 02, 2006

Bang

The shovel to the head incident:

So last week I unfortunately had to go to a funeral. At Jewish funerals during the burial it's normal for people to "help" bury the body (don't know if those quotation marks are in the right place, but don't much care) by putting a shovel full of dirt into the grave. The mourners are also not really supposed to leave until the coffin is completely covered in dirt.

So I go to put my shovel full of dirt into the grave and a man (who I know but am not going to say who exactly it was 'cause..that's just not nice) was trying to make sure that the coffin was covered by shoveling a lot of dirt onto the grave. I was standing slightly behind him getting my shovel full of dirt as he reared back to throw his shovel full into the grave and..well...the back of his shovel collided with my forehead.

Hard.

So everyone's rushing over to me and grabbing me to make sure I don't pass out or I'm not bleeding or anything and I'm kinda crying 'cause..ow..shovel to the head..and at the same time I'm worried about getting dirt in the grave 'cause I dropped my dirt when I got hit. Yeah, I think I was a little bit dazed from the whole thing. Afterward on the way to the car I was kinda crying, I don't really know why exactly, but I think it was 'cause the shovel hit pretty near my eye and my eyes were just watering up a lot. But I was walking and tearing up and then I started laughing hysterically 'cause..y'know...I got hit in the face with a shovel and it's funny. My parents saw me laughing and crying at the same time and absolutetly looked terrified, must have thought I had a concussion or something.

But anyway, I'm okay (hopefully!) and that's how I got hit in the head with a shovel.

Happy New Year everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here