Thursday, December 15, 2005

Love

So I just remembered something about my dad that made me want to go give him a hug:

My dad's a computer programmer and when I was little he would make little games for me on the computer. He made hangman and a slowed down version of tetris so that I could actually play it without getting really frustrated and a game where you mixed different colors to match another color. And this game called "boxes" which you probably know how to play by a different name but I don't feel like explaining.

So anyway, all of this was mighty cool of my dad. I was a rather spoiled kid in the ways of computer games made specifically for me.

But the thing that really makes me want to go give him a hug is that when I was a baby (not just little, an actual goo-goo gah-gahing baby) he made a program so that anytime you hit a key on the keyboard the screen would pop up with lots of colorful shapes so that I could sit with him or my mom at the computer and bang at the keyboard and watch the pretty colors. My dad made an entire program just to amuse his itty bitty baby daughter with some colors and shapes.

I love my dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here