Tuesday, April 01, 2003

So I translated Mari's note to me from her blog and "mon petit ami es plus grand, plus blanche, et beaucoup mignon. engarde!" translated to:

"my boy friend be larger, whiter, and much nice engarde!"

Mari, I refuse to get involved in this boyfriend war. I am anti-war. War is not the answer. Let's agree to disagree.

(But Matt still kicks all ass in the best boyfriend department...)

Anyway, here is what's been going on:

Thursday: BIRTHDAY! Whee!! I wore my cool stripey pants to school for the first time 'cause I think they're pretty. Ms. Lobo sang happy birthday to me, and my friends got me a hostess cupcake with a candle in it at lunch and that made me so happy. I loves you guys. That's right. Loves. I'm being cute, shuddup.
After school Matt came over followed by Philippe who gave me his and Mike's present, a DVD of Donnie Darko, which I am still too frightened by the cover to watch. But thanks very much, guys. I'm sure I'll like it. I think I just need to not watch creepy movies for a little while as I'm still getting over the last one I watched. ::shudder:: But thank you very very much. Plus Philippe gave me a Snoopy shirt that was my very late Hannukah present (I still owe him a Christmas present, as I do most people). It is tres cool.
My parents took me and Matt (Matt and I? Blah, grammer...or grammar...damnit!!!) out to dinner at this Italian place in Summit. Yummy. Except later that when I was dropping Matt off I started to feel really sick. That wasn't cool at all. But all in all it was a nice day.

Friday: Went in late to school. School was eh, as usual. I watched Dogma and Chasing Amy with Matt. Dogma is a freakin' awesome movie, I adore it and want to go out and buy it for my very own. Yes, I'm a freak, shut up. But it was just so great. Chasing Amy was okay. Except I really want to kick Ben Affleck in the balls. He just pissed me off right from the beggining. But the guy who played Banky (Jason Lee is it?) is cool. I like him. So that makes 4 and a half out of 5 Kevin Smith movies that I've seen. Here is my order of favorites from best to worst:

Dogma
Mallrats
Clerks
Chasing Amy
Jay and Silent Bob whatever whatever, I only saw half of it and it seemed way too fluffy to me. Mostly 'cause I didn't know who half the people were.

So anyway, back to Friday. There was this thing with Matt's brother and his friends trying to spy on us or scare us or something. But we figured them out and made them beg and stuff. It's fun to harass Matt's brother...but he's actually an okay guy...shhh, I didn't say it.

Saturday:
Birthday extravaganza with Matt! This is all the stuff we did during the day:

First we went to Verona Park (I drove everywhere, be proud, as I hardly ever drive when it's the two of us.). We walked around a bit and I was sad that there were no boats, but we sat on a bench and watched some geese and made up funny stories about how they were having a war with the geese at the South Orange duck pond and how there was one goose who was in charge and some geese on look out...and basically it was just very funny and enjoyable and nice.

After that we were off to the Willowbrook Mall. And I dangerously cut off someone on the way there 'cause we were in the wrong lane and needed to get in the other lane fast. And that was no good.
The mall kinda sucked. It was way too crowded and annoying, so we got some food and then left right away. I hate big mall crowds where you can barely walk.

Then, BOWLING!! Haha, that's right, we went bowling again. It was quite an adventure. First we went to Eagle Rock, decided it was too crappy and we'd have to wait anyway, so we went back to Hanover, which was nice. We actually played like three games in a short amount of time because there was only two of us. I kept getting the most random splits and spares. Matt broke 100 (115, I think...yay Matt!) and then we went back out to the car to figure out what to do next.

After much deliberating, we decided to see Chicago (again) at Montclair. So we drove all the way to Montclair (it took quite awhile and it was really pouring hard) only to spend twenty minutes looking for parking and failing miserably. So guess what we did...drove BACK to Hanover in the pouring rain to see the movie. It really wasn't that bad, except I parked horrible next to a pole and ended up having a near panic attack trying to get out of the spot after the movie and almost scratching my car even more than it already was. The movie was just as good as it was the last time and then it was off to Olive Garden which was close enough that we could get there before it closed. Phew. It was about ten thirty by this time.

Olive Garden! There weren't too many people there, so we got there and were seated and ordered and Matt gave me my present. So there was this big tissue paper bag, and I pulled a box out. It was a box from a jewelry store. So I opened the box to find a bag from the jewelry store. I opened the bag to find...a smushed of matchbox car. See for Hannukah, he told me he'd get me a smushed up matchbox car, in honor of my smushed Saturn. I laughed and was like "Um..thanks" and then put it back in the bag only to be told that wasn't my real present and I reached back in the bag to find another jewelry box and this time there was a necklace inside. And it's so pretty. And I love it. And I love Matt (but not just 'cause of the pretty necklace). And I'm definitely wearing it all the time. And...yeah, I'm not gonna blabber on, 'cause I feel like a nerd doing so. Although I'm sure Matt feels pretty damn good about all this. Haha.

So we ate dinner and went back to my house and watched TV and then I was yelled at by my mom to take Matt home at one and that was a whole other thing and now I'm really tired. So good night.

PS I hate how I feel all violent and mean lately. It's no fun. K, good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here